Q2 Post4

Nich and I are similar in some ways and also very different in other ways that define us individually. One similarity that we have is that we do not enjoy violence or harm done to us. One example from Nich are the beatings that he received during his time with the butcher. An example from my life would be getting my mouth washed out with soap or being smacked across the face if I did something really bad. One difference is that Nich runs away from his school after he gets scared from the Reverend of the school and refuses under all circumstances to learn the latin language. I don't like school all that much but I sure don't run away from the school during the middle of the day or refuse to take certain languages; I just try my best to reorganize my schedule to the my best liking. Another difference (and somewhat of a similarity) is that Nich runs away from home. I have done that before, but I was really young and I came home a few hours later. Nich stows himself aboard a ship in the British Navy and finds that he will be gone from England for about 3 years. That is a long time to be away from home.

No comments: